Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It is upon us! The spring quilt retreat is this weekend!! yay! My sewing at home has been thwarted by trying to sell our house so I'm really looking forward to getting some serious quilting done. I've also heard from some of the other ladies and I'm excited about the group that will be there this time around. The weather probably won't be very spring-like but I guess It's a good thing we'll be indoors. When I think back to the end of the Fall retreat I recall thinking to myself that I would have so much done between then and now. Looking at what still needs to be finished, it's safe to say that not much has gotten accomplished, at least not in my quilting world. As much as I wish this weren't the case...it is. I have done much knitting tho so I can't be entirely defeated. I was also able to make another purse (for myself). This is has fabrics that I like much more so I decided I had to make it.   




I had seen the fluer-de-lis fabric in the clearance section at work for weeks so when it went on double sale I knew I had to have it!! It was clearly meant to be. The purple fabric I found in the clearance too so overall it was quite a steal! I can't wait for this winter weather to go away so I can carry this around town! I was also able to finish another project but it's a birthday present so I have to keep it on the dl for a little while longer. 
There are also some future projects that I can't wait to start. I got my hands on some new patterns and fabric a couple weeks ago and I very excited to get back into clothes making. The patterns are a lot more modern that the patterns I inherited from my aunt and grandmother. So much of their stuff was from the 70's and not very attractive haha, sorry ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment