Tuesday, September 28, 2010

UNC Throw

This was one of my early pieces I made, that I have a picture of. In high school, my boyfriend was accepted to UNC at Chapel Hill. As a graduation gift I wanted to make him something UNC related but I couldn't really find fabric or pattern that I wanted to use. So, with my grandmothers help, I designed my own pattern and template for a throw:

I must say, I was pretty impressed with the final product. There were SO many elements in this blanket that I had never used before. I appliqued the NC logo, "Tarheels" and UNC letters; a pretty big project in itself! I free hand stitched the "North Carolina" at the top of the blanket. Another large task to take on! I couldn't have done it without my grandmothers help, and to her I'm eternally grateful. She was an amazing sewer who taught me everything I know! I don't know if my Ex still uses this blanket but I sure hope he appreciates the work and thought that went into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment